my eat! vancouver experience

|
I had the pleasure of partaking in Eat! Vancouver Saturday at the Vancouver Convention Centre with some good friends! Upon arrival, we were kinda thinking 'did I just pay $14 bucks plus $5 for a couple dog food vendors?  I personally am jealous of dog owners not being one myself. Dogs are the cutest, cuddliest little critters on the planet! My girlfriend would like a Border Terrier, they are cute! Here is a photo taken from the web... 
 I digress. Eat!Vancouver was great, lots of samples, lots of olives stuffed with jalapenos, great iced tea, super cheap ice cream and a spin to win Social shopper wheel (ahem!). As we got more comfortable asking for samples the scene got much better! In fact I ended eating so many samples that I didn't have to get diner. Especially after the amazing Thai fresh wrap from Gorilla Foods http://www.gorillafood.com/  Which was three collard greens leaf wraps filled with sprouted sunflower seed and veggie pate, sesame seasoned coleslaw and a side dip of raisin chutney. If looks could kill then this wrap would be knockin you dead but instead it has the goods in it to keep you livin!
There were other odd little booths as well, including http://abeego.ca/ which makes food storage solutions with a green twist! For under $20 I was able to take home three sheets of natural, reusable, eco-conscious food storage solutions created with hemp/cotton fabric infused with a blend of beeswax and plant extracts. I can't wait to properly store my cheese and leftovers!
Overall I was pleased with the amazing samples, smiling vendors, and beautiful convention centre. I shall and so shall you go the next time Eat! Vancouver comes fresh to Vancouver.

Keramikos display www.keramikos.com

windset farms www.windsetfarms.com

Gorilla Food www.gorillafood.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment